|Management/Gestion, Finance, Comptabilité et Commerce||Spécialité||Gestion de Projets|
|Date publication||28 Juin 2021||Date limite||26 Juil 2021|
|Introduction:This recruitment is to position applications matching with required skills and subject to funding. Selected applications will be part of the organization’s humanitarian register to be contacted upon needs.|
Interview may take place while position is being advertised.
The Project Manager (PM) provides leadership and managerial oversight for the administrative, programmatic, technical, research and operational aspects of the project.
S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme and will be accountable for the quality of interventions and for the effective financial and operational management including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and effective stakeholder relationship management.
S/he will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, government and partner agencies, operating in the areas of implementation of the project.
The Project Manager is accountable for and responsible to oversee the development, implementation, and adherence of Monitoring and Evaluation systems put in place, work plans, technical program quality standards (including processes and procedures and reporting), and adherence to the donor and SCI regulations in Haiti.
He or she will also increase SC visibility by forging strong partnerships with and between, local and national government structures, Haitian Civil Society, including Community Based Organisations (CBOs), United Nations Organisations, other national and international NGOs. The PM will ensure results-based management and reporting in accordance with SC standards.
Save the Children is implementing long-term education, child protection, Food- security and livelihoods, and health programming in the South and Grand’Anse departments of Haiti.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
FonctionsKEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
– Overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the project.
– Attract and maintain strong working relationship with partners and stakeholders.
– Ensure state level representation by the programme on behalf of Save the Children, builds trust and influence with Government and other key stakeholders, highlighting where effective practise can positively influence policy.
– Lead the development of high quality programming, annual plans and budgeting processes for the progject, as and when necessary.
– Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place in the programme state for achieving agreed targets and sound financial management, as well as ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor.
– Oversee the project’s operational and analytical research, coordinate the dissemination of results and ensure that research informs advocacy.
– Seek the support other departments to optimise the project purposes and objectives.
– Lead on the submission of the quarterly and annual reports and submission of deliverables.
– Inspire, lead and motivate the project team to deliver project objectives, including technical advisors and consultants, and the finance and admin staff working on the project.
– Ensure the project and its team comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
Program Management and Implementation:
– Remain up to date on good practices to ensure the project quality and impact
– Oversee the development and successful implementation of workplan for the project;
– Work closely with the Programme MEAL Team the CO MEAL Team to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and with managers of technical components to ensure technical program objectives are met.
– Ensure compliance with all grant provisions, and timely fulfilment of the project reporting requirements.
– Support the development of Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and procurement plan.
– Oversee timely expenditure of approved budget, avoiding both under spending and overspending on grant line items.
– Support regular monitoring activities, maintain a continuous presence in the field to ensure that child rights are implemented in responsive ways to communities and children, in line with, SC principles, values, quality frameworks, as well as strategic plans and compliance procedures ;
Human Resources Management and Administration:
– Supervise assigned advisors: maintain updated job descriptions for each position, conduct annual performance evaluations, identify staff skills development needs.
– See that all staff and partners are aware of and understand SCI policies and procedures; take appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
– Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, such as those regarding vehicle use and procurement; ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to the team.
Representation and Leadership:
– Maintain good working relationships with government officials and local/ national stakeholders.
– Represent SC and maintain good working relationships among the international and local NGO community, among community leadership structures and community-based organizations, and to visiting donor teams and other key contacts.
– Maintain focus on SC programme principles.
– Encourage teamwork, openness, and honesty among staff and between SC and its partners.
– Contribute to SC Haiti Country Strategic Plan, Country Annual Plans, Country Annual Reports, Child Rights Situational Analysis, Partnering Strategy, National Advocacy and Communications Strategy and other key strategic planning documents as required;
– Contribute to SC Operational Systems Strengthening, Child Participation Mainstreaming, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Approach and other transversal programme quality improvement initiatives as required;
– Inspire, lead and motivate partners to deliver on programme objectives and build a shared culture of accountability;
– Ensure strong internal communications with team members and SC partners in implementation area;
– Ensure clear processes are in place for tracking and reporting on progress against deliverables, working with MEAL staff;
– Work closely with MEAL on baseline, internal and external program/project evaluations.
– Conduct planning and progress review meetings and ensure regular progress monitoring is taking place at different levels;
– Ensure close coordination with PDQA technical team to assure quality of implementation form a child rights perspective
– Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme, in particular ensuring that anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies and procedures are being followed to minimise risks in delivery of project outcomes.
– Coordinate the partner capacity building, including participation in assessment, trainings, technical review.
– Ensure that the project engages in mutual assessment, feedback and learning with partners and assist partners to engage in knowledge building, advocacy and organisational strengthening in line with SC Partnering Principles
– Comply with SC policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SC values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for SC, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications réquisesQUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– At least 3 years of project management experience in an NGO environment,
– Proven experience in managing child rights based education, child protection, resilience, DRR, health or other development programming;
– Post-graduate degree in relevant Social Sciences;
– Proven ability to manage projects, with extensive experience planning and managing activities and budget;
– Ability to represent an organisation and engage and influence key stakeholders at local, regional and national level;
– Demonstrated experience of working with national and local level government structures;
– Demonstrated experience of working with remote rural communities;
– Self-motivated and results oriented; Excellent time management and planning capacity.
– Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and reporting systems;
– Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management;
– Proven ability to motivate and develop others;
– Highly diplomatic with excellent political awareness and understanding;
– Strong oral and written communication skills in French, English and Creole;
– Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
– Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
– Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
– Experience of building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and expertise;
– Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
– Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward;
– Commitment to and understanding of SC’s aims, values and principles;
– Prior experience of designing and/or delivering large scale programmes;
– Previous work experience in the South/Grand’Anse region
– Previous work experience in emergency response
Conditions particulièresSCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Project Coordinator, Field Office Support Officer; Child Right Officer, MEAL Officer
Role Dimensions: The role combines office and project management, with remote collaboration with colleagues, members of various teams at the Haiti Country Office (Program Development, Quality and Advocacy, Finance, Supply Chain, Awards), liaison and communication with other stakeholders, notably partner organizations and government authorities in the South and Grand’Anse departments as well as the Port-au-Prince.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SC Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SC Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir …CV/ Letter of interest/ Copies of diplomas or / and CertificatesEnvoyer le dossier àLes candidats interessés peuvent soumettre leurs candidatures via ce lien : Job Description – Programme Manager Haiti (210004JA) (taleo.net)