Titre du poste : Field Finance Officer
Domaine : Management/Gestion, Finance, Comptabilité et Commerce
Date limite : 4 Juin 2021
Pays : Haiti
Ville : Pétion-Ville
Durée : Déterminée
1. PROJECT BACKGROUND:
The purpose of this task order (TO) is to provide technical assistance to the USAID Water and Sanitation Project, to reduce the prevalence of cholera and other waterborne diseases, and improve the health and prosperity of the Haitian People. The Project will lay the foundation for a long-term, sustained effort to increase access to safe drinking water and sanitation in Haiti, where many communities suffer from high incidences of cholera and diarrheal disease.
2. ROLE’S PURPOSE:
The Field Finance Officer is a key member of the finance team. S/he will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Field Finance Officer will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will support submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will support compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. The individual will also support for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the project. This position will work collaboratively with local and home office staff and will report to the project’s Sr. Finance Manager.
• Prepares vendor and remittance tax forms and ensure these are submitted in a timely manner.
• Support monthly reconciliation reports preparation for review.
• Monitors and submits advance, commitment, and grant reports.
• Oversees the reporting of expenses by regional offices.
• Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations.
• Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements.
• Supports preparation of internal and external audits.
• Supports responses and actions to internal audit comments.
• Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s policies.
• Performs regular spot audits on project’s files.
• Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
Policies & Procedures
• Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract.
General Accounting/Financial Management
• Initiates wire requests for field project implementation.
• Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy.
• Verifies accuracy of expenses, and project accounting codes.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
• Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals.
• Ensures the timely deposit of cash receipts.
• Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS).
• Assist in monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
• Compiles backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
• If applicable, ensures petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed.
• Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash.
• Supports management of banking relationships.
• Assist in preparation, reviews, and submits project cost data prior to sending to DAI Washington.
• Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation.
• Maintains files on grant/procurement/subcontractor documents and modifications as applicable.
• Supports periodic cash counts.
• Ensures non-billable expenses are thoroughly reviewed and kept to a minimum.
• Ensures that foreign taxes paid, if any, are tracked, recorded, and reported to USAID in accordance with ADS guidelines.
• Analyzes and reconciles project inventory on a regular basis ensuring that the value/purchase price of projects assets reflected in the inventory register agrees with the total shown in the cumulative Non-Expendable account balance.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
• Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
• Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
• Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
• Work with supervisor to processes timely and accurate payroll payments for the office and ensures leave balances, and payroll taxes are accurate.
• Tracks and monitors leave balances and liability payments.
• Reviews employment agreement and modifications and updates salary calculations based on local and company requirements.
• Ensures staff compliance with timekeeping policy and procedures.
• Uses field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS), etc. regularly.
• Communicates with home office system support teams on troubleshooting technical issues.
• Scans and uploads voucher files to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation.
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and Administration or equivalent skill
• Five-years work experience as Finance Officer or progressive responsibility in similar roles
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience in using financial software, experience with Dynacom software is strongly preferred
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Fluent in French language and Haitian Kreole required
• English is strongly preferred.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir …
1- Cover letter,
2- Updated cv
4- The most recent contracts of work experiences
5- The completed EBD form (the EBD form can be downloaded via the following link: https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17)
Envoyer le dossier à